16 Mar Race for places intensifies
There are just 10 matchdays left in the Bundesliga. The fight for final places has intensified.
Bayern Munich is looking strong at the top of the table. This is after RB Leipzig, who led the standings earlier in the season went off the boil. The exciting Leipzig have now lost three of their last six matches. They will want to improve when the take on Werder Bremen.
Bremen started the season badly and found themselves in the relegation scrap. However if their recent form is anything to go by they can survive the drop. They have collected 10 points from a possible 12 from their last four matches.
Bremen is level on points (26) with Hamburger and Wolfsburg. As they all look to not only avoid relegation but would also prefer not take part in the relegation play-offs.
Two clubs which look like they are in trouble and could end up in the second tier next season are Ingolstadt and Darmstadt.
Ingolstadt, who are second last on the log, have a mammoth task of facing Borussia Dortmund on Friday. Dortmund will want to bounce back after losing to Hertha, last weekend. They know that they have lost ground on Leipzig and Bayern. They also want to make sure that they automatically qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage (top three) next season.
They are just a point ahead of Hoffenheim who will take on Bayer 04 Leverkusen.
The schedule for matchday five is as follows:
- March 17 at 21:30: Borussia Dortmund vs Ingolstadt on channel 245 (World Football)
- March 18 at 16:30: VfL Wolfsburg vs SV Darmstadt on channel 243 (Sports Life)
- March 18 at 16:30: FC Koln vs Hertha BSC on channel 241 (Sports Arena)
- March 18 at 16:30: FC Augsburg vs Freiburg on channel 240 (Sports Focus)
- March 18 at 16:30: Werder Bremen vs RB Leipzig on channel 246 (Sports Premium)
- March 18 at 16:30: Hoffenheim vs Bayer 04 Leverkusen on channel 245 (World Football)
- March 18 at 19:30: Eintracht Frankfurt vs Hamburger on channel 246 (Sports Premium)
- March 19 at 16:30: FSV Mainz 05 vs FC Schalke on channel 245 (World Football)
March 19 at 18:30: Borussia Monchengladbach vs Bayern Munich on channel 245 (World Football)