“Sun & Fun” Competition Terms and Conditions
Only the videos that fall within the scope of the competition’s requirements will be considered.
Participants who drive engagement will receive higher consideration.
Judges’ decisions are final.
Only videos submitted via Facebook Messenger, as a comment on the competition’s Facebook post or on Twitter with the tweet containing “@StarSatSA” and “#sunandfun” will be accepted.
COMMENCEMENT DATES OF CAMPAIGN:
From the 14th of January to close of business on 31st of January.
The winners, chosen by StarSat staff, will win their share of StarSat branded backpacks and promotional goods. Competition winnings cannot be traded for money.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Your entry into the competition/promotion and/or your acceptance of a prize and/or benefit (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize and/or benefit (in the event that you win a prize and/or benefit which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your partner”).
- The competition/promotion is not open to ‑
- directors, members, partners, agents, employees, consultants of StarSat and/or any affiliated companies, agencies, associates, partner and or/ any suppliers of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
- The spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in 2a above.
- Entrants must be of the age capacity to accept the prize and/or benefit or benefit under rules defined in each competition/promotion conducted or promoted.
- Entrants’ criteria defined in the rules of each competition/promotion.
- When using a mobile phone for entry into a competition/promotion, the telephone calls / text messages you make will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. “Free minutes under a cell-phone contract and VAS SMS rates do not apply.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition/promotion. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition/promotion will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. Competition/promotion start and close dates will be specified in the specific competitions or promotion rules.
- By submitting media to StarSat you waive all rights of ownership of said media and give StarSat permission to edit media as it sees fit and to use said media as marketing materials.
- StarSat and its affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
- StarSat and its affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition/promotion.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. StarSat will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition/promotion and your acceptance and/or use of a prize. StarSat will specify the total value of the prizes to be won and any cost to be borne by the winners of any specific competition or promotion.
- StarSat do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
- your entry or participation in the competition/promotion will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
- a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
- a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, and free from defects, safe or reliable.
- StarSat and its affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
- You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
- You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including but not limited to as regards international travel, a valid passport which is valid for 6 months from the date travel of the relevant prize and/or a valid South African passport, and all necessary visa and travel documentation and/or television licenses. Such documents and permissions and the cost related to procuring same will be the responsibility of the winner, unless the rules for the specific competition/promotion state different. The documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
- The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to StarSat and published on the StarSat website for each specific competition and/or promotion.
- If StarSat, or a third party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within 30 days or if the winner is unable to collect the prize within 60 days or if such prize cannot be delivered, the winner will forfeit the prize and StarSat reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions. Each competition and/or promotion may have different delivery or collection mechanism in terms of prize delivery and will be stated so in the specific competition or promotion rules. In the event that you win a prize you agree hereby agree to the publication of your name and appearance publicised in the electronic media and the print media, and you agree, within reason, to endorse, promote or advertise our goods or services, for which no fee will be payable.
- We may require you to provide us with such additional information as we may reasonably require, in order to process and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize and/or benefit.
- In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. StarSat will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize
- StarSat and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition/promotion and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition/promotion and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
- You agree that your participation in the competition/promotion, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
- StarSat and its affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition/promotion or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
- You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependants, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition/promotion and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
- In the event that a prize defines a winner as being the winner and a partner, the winner acknowledges that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that –
- all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you the winner and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
- you will take full responsibility for your partner;
- you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize;
- any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must also supply written consent stating that the minor had been given permission by the parent or legal guardian to participate within the competition/promotion and accept and use the prize.
- If you fail or, if your partner (if applicable) fails, to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have, –
- you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize);
- you will pay us for any loss or damage incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of your (or, if applicable, your partner’s) non‑compliance, including all of our legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which we may incur in taking any steps pursuant to your (or your partner’s) non-compliance; and
- you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to your failure (or that of your partner, if applicable) to comply therewith.
- For purposes hereof, “affiliate” means our partners, co‑promoters and sponsors of this competition/promotion, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
- These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa
- StarSat shall instruct independent judges’ to adjudicate on the process and selection of winner in all competitions and promotional events. The decision by the judges on any matter concerning the competition and/or promotion and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- StarSat reserves the right to amend these Standard Terms and Conditions for Competition/promotions at any time and will publish same on our website (StarSat.co.za) or make it available to subscribers on request.
- If you’ve been announced a winner of any StarSat competition in which you received (a) prize(s) all entries made to future competitions that are active within a three month period after said announcement will be considered void.